Short Course on – Getting to Square 1

Infomartion about Electrical Hazards

In our day to day lives, electricity helps use do numerous important things. Some of the uses of electricity are powering electrical appliances and lighting our homes. However, when not handled properly electricity can be DANGEROUS. Many people have died due to electrocution and other electrical hazards. Also, numerous properties have been damaged by electrical fires. If people know about the common electrical dangers and ways to mitigate electrical hazards, the number of electrical deaths, injuries, and damages will reduce significantly. You are in the right place if you want to know about electrical hazards and how to avoid them.

Handling electricity with wet hands is DANGEROUS. Electric shock is mainly caused by handling electrical sockets and power outlets with wet hands. Handling electrical components with wet hands can result in several cases such as death and even electric fire. Before you plug in a device into a socket or power outlet or to turn off and on switches, you should make sure your hands are dry. Overloading power outlets is another DANGEROUS thing that people do when handling electricity and electrical components. Finding out the amount of electricity a socket or outlet can handle before plugging in devices is important. When the devices plugged into power sockets and outlets are of high power voltage, it is considered overloading the power source. Electric fire is the main consequence of overloading power outlets and sockets.

If you want to avoid overloading your socket, you should ensure that you do not plug in more than one power strip into a single socket. Another DANGEROUS thing that leads to electric fire hazards is when water comes into contact with electricity. You should avoid connecting electrical appliances near water sources to prevent water from coming into contact with electricity. If you realize there is somewhere that electric line and water are in contact, you should first switch off the power source at the main switch before you unplug the appliance. You should hire a qualified electrician afterward to repair the power line so that such things cannot happen in the future.

Some people avoid the cost of hiring a qualified electrician by doing electrical repairs in their homes on their own. This is highly discouraged even though it is cost-effective. If you are not a qualified electrician, you should not handle any electrical repairs in your house. DIY electrical upgrades and repairs can lead to electric fire or death when you or someone else gets electrocuted; thus, it is dangerous to conduct electrical upgrades, and repairs on your own. Poor wiring has caused numerous electric fires and deaths; hence it is DANGEROUS. It is important to coat electric cables with an insulator and properly wire electrical components to prevent electrical dangers.